Another great countdown! - Weekend Countdown 9/28/24 (Chappell Roan - 2)


Hey guys! I know I'm super late again, sorry I've gotten real busy. This week was pretty good, getting rid of 3 really old songs, and a great holding #1. Let's get into it!

Exits:
Teddy Swims - The Door (#8)
Madison Beer - Make You Mine (#19)
Benson Boone - Slow It Down (#14)
Shawn Mendes - Why Why Why (#20)

Last Week's Number One: Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (1 week at #1)

#30: Megan Thee Stallion/Yuki Chiba - Mamushi (Returning)
#29: Addison Rae - Diet Pepsi (=)
#28: Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Debut)
#27: Meghan Trainor - Criminals (Debut)
#26: Linkin Park - The Emptiness Machine (Debut)
#25: KATSEYE - Touch (+2)
#24: The Weeknd - Dancing In The Flames (+6)
#23: Tate McRae - It's ok I'm ok (=)
#22: Khalid - Heatstroke (+4)
#21: mgk/Jelly Roll - Lonely Road (+7)
#20: Halsey - Ego (+5)
#19: Coldplay/Little Simz/Burna Boy/Elyanna/TINI - WE PRAY (+5)
#18: Charli xcx - Apple (-5)
#17: Benson Boone - Pretty Slowly (+5)
#16: Lady Gaga/Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile (+1)

Countdown Extra: Dasha - Bye Bye Bye

#15: Alex Warren - Carry You Home (+1)
#14: Gracie Abrams - Close To You (-5)
#13: Mark Ambor - Belong Together (-3)
#12: Charli xcx - 360 (+9)
#11: Myles Smith - Stargazing (+1)
#10: Sabrina Carpenter - Taste (+1)
#9: Marshmello/Kane Brown - Miles On It (+9)
#8: Dasha - Austin (+7)
#7: Chappell Roan - HOT TO GO! (=)
#6: Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (=)
#5: Billie Eilish - BIRDS OF A FEATHER (-1)
#4: Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (+1) [3 weeks at #1]
#3: Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (=) [1 week at #1]
#2: Post Malone/Morgan Wallen - I Had Some Help (=) [3 weeks at #1]
#1: Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (=) [2 weeks at #1]

Countdown Extra: Dasha - Bye Bye Bye
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie between Charli xcx - 360 and Marshmello/Kane Brown - Miles On It (+9)
Biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Tie between Charli xcx - Apple and Gracie Abrams - Close To You (-5)

5 Oldest Songs
1. Dasha - Austin (27)
#2: Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (22)
#3: Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (21)
#4: Post Malone/Morgan Wallen - I Had Some Help (20)
#5: Tie between Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! and Marshmello/Kane Brown - Miles On It (19)

Why'd Mamushi leave just to come right back? I'm happy about it, but it's just weird.

Not Like Us FINALLY debuted! This song's been in the abyss without being played for about two and a half months without being played a single time until this week, and I'm glad it's here. The production slaps so hard, and the vibes are amazing. Kendrick's flow is great, and everything about this song is amazing.

Meghan Trainor is back again with Criminals, and it's pretty good. The production is good, and Meghan sounds great. It is a bit repetitive, but it's not too bad. I hope this turns into a decent sized hit.

How did Linkin Park get on the countdown? I don't really care though, as this is such a banger. They got a new lead singer after Chester unfortunately passed, and this time it's a female. Emily sounds great, and the production is amazing. I don't see this doing well, but I hope it does.

Hit-Bound
Myles Smith - Wait for You (5)
Kylie Minogue - Lights Camera Action (Debut)
Knox - Invisible (3)
Jon Bellion - KID AGAIN (Debut)
Camila Cabello - GODSPEED (4)
Morgan Wallen/ERNEST - Cowgirls (Debut)
Henry Moodie - good old days (Debut)
Damiano David/Labrinth - SILVERLINES [Debut)
Ava Max - Spot A Fake (2)
Alex Warren - Catch My Breath (Debut)
Teddy Swims - Bad Dreams (3)
Natalie Jane - Somebody to Someone (I Just Wanna Fall in Love) (3)
Balu Brigada - So Cold (Debut)
Nightly - every part (Debut)
Dasha - Bye Bye Bye (3)
Alex Warren - Burning Down (2)

Kylie Minogue is back, trying to replicate the success of Padam Padam from last summer with Lights Camera Action, and I hope she does. Kylie sounds great on this one, and the production is awesome. This is getting pushed soon, so I hope this does something!

Jon Bellion is a name I haven't really heard before, and he's here with KID AGAIN. This song is pretty good! The production slaps, and Jon sounds good. Glad this is here!

More Morgan Wallen? We gotta stop with him, and Cowgirls is like 2 years old! This is just another annoying Morgan Wallen song, but this time with a beat! It's somewhat tolerable I guess, but I hope this doesn't debut.

More Henry Moodie? Why do we have to pick up on every single song of his? good old days is the best one so far, but we still don't need it. The production is nice, and Henry sounds pretty good.

Up next is the song everyone hates, except me. I love SILVERLINES. The production is amazing, and I've always loved Damiano's voice. I hope this does something.

Do we REALLY need two Alex Warren songs on Hit-Bound at the same time? This sounds like a normal, boring Hot AC song, and I won't remember what it sounds like after this. 

Alternative band Balu Brigada brings their first song to Hit-Bound, So Cold. The production is great here, and the lead singer sounds great. What a vibe.

Remember Nightly from shirt last year? Well neither do I. He brings us every part now, and it's really boring. His voice is a bit annoying, and the production is boring. Hoping this doesn't do much. 

Abyss
Jimin - Who
Taylor Swift - So High School
Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club
Chappell Roan - Femininomenon
Chappell Roan - Red Wine Supernova
Sabrina Carpenter - Bed Chem
Sabrina Carpenter - Sharpest Tool
Katy Perry/Doechii - I'M HIS, HE'S MINE
Kesha - JOYRIDE
Eminem - Houdini
Meghan Trainor - Whoops
Hayes Warner - Predator
David Guetta/OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait
The Kid Laroi - GIRLS
Jelly Roll - I Am Not Okay

Notes:
- We lost Make You Mine, Why Why Why, The Door, and Slow It Down. Three of these songs were really old and deserved to leave, but had good runs. The other one was a good song, but was never destined for much.
- Nice jump for The Weeknd, but why did Tate hold?
- Glad to see Lonely Road recover!
- I've really grown into Ego, and I'm glad to see it succeeding.
- Can we NOT make Pretty Slowly a thing? It's just so boring.
- I expect to finally see DWAS in the top half next week. It should've gotten there in its second or third week though...
- I hope Close To You isn't done...
- How did Miles On It and Austin rebound? Austin is only 3 weeks away from getting into the elusive 30 weeks club, and I kind of want it to reach there. Miles On It however, it could drop 19 spots next week and I'd be fine with it.
- The top 7 held their spots except for ABS(T) and BOAF switching, which I'm fine with. I hope to see HOT TO GO! and ICDIWABH in the top 5 next week though.

That's it for me! See you guys in the next post!

Comments

Popular Posts