Saturday, April 27, 2024

Weekend Countdown 4/27/24 - Benson Boone - (1)

Hey guys! Please submit for May Madness if you haven't already! Also, I'm hoping I can get an album review out soon! Let's get into it!

Exit:
Luke Hemmings - Shakes (#23) [5 weeks]

Last Week's Number One: Sabrina Carpenter - Feather (4 weeks at #1)

#30: The Beaches - Blame Brett (=) [2 weeks]
#29: Beyoncé/Miley Cyrus - II MOST WANTED (-9) [3 weeks]
#28: Glass Animals - Creatures In Heaven (-3) [3 weeks]
#27: Muni Long - Made For Me (+2) [2 weeks]
#26: Taylor Swift/Post Malone - Fortnight (Debut)
#25: Teddy Swims - The Door (+3) [2 weeks]
#24: Victoria Monet - On My Mama (+3) [6 weeks]
#23: Shinedown - A Symptom Of Being Human (-12) [5 weeks]
#22: Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (=) [2 weeks]
#21: Usher - Kissing Strangers (+3) [8 weeks]
#20: Imagine Dragons - Eyes Closed (=1) [3 weeks]
#19: Dua Lipa - Illusion (+7) [2 weeks]
#18: girl in red - Too Much (-1) [8 weeks]
#17: Justin Timberlake - Selfish (-9) [13 weeks]
#16: Beyoncé - TEXAS HOLD 'EM (-1) [8 weeks]

Countdown Extra: Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! 

#15: Djo - End of Beginning (-1) [7 weeks]
#14: Meghan Trainor/T-Pain - Been Like This (+4) [6 weeks]
#13: Noah Kahan - Stick Season (-4) [20 weeks]
#12: SZA - Saturn (+1) [8 weeks]
#11: Knox - Me, Myself & Your Eyes (+1) [9 weeks]
#10: Renee Rapp/Megan Thee Stallion - Not My Fault (-3) [18 weeks]
#9: Hozier - Too Sweet (+10) [4 weeks]
#8: Dasha - Austin (+8) [5 weeks]
#7: Henry Moodie - pick up the phone (-1) [16 weeks]
#6: Sabrina Carpenter - Feather (-5) [21 weeks] {4 weeks at #1}
#5: Olivia Rodrigo - obsessed (+5) [5 weeks]
#4: Ariana Grande - we can't be friends (wait for your love) (+1) [7 weeks]
#3: Knox - Not The 1975 (+1) [23 weeks}
#2: Dua Lipa - Training Season (+1) [10 weeks]

Last Year's Top 5:
#5: SZA - Kill Bill
#4: Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense
#3: Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery
#2: Niall Horan - Heaven
#1: Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (6th week at #1)

#1: Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (+1) [13 weeks] [1 week at #1]

Our one debut is Fortnight. Once again, I'll review this more in my TTPD review, but there's a few things I wanna mention. I feel like a song like I Can Do It With a Broken Heart or Florida!!! would have been a better lead single, but they always have the next single. Also I wish Post Malone got more time to shine then just backing vocals, as he's severely under utilized.

Hit-Bound:
Michael Marcagi - Scared To Start (4)
Lay Banks - Tell Ur Girlfriend (Debut)
People R Ugly - DUMB (3)
Lauv - Potential (Debut)
Jessie Murph - Cold (Debut)
d4vd - Feel It (3)
Knox - Change Your Mind (2)
twenty one pilots - Backslide (Debut)
David Guetta/OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (4)
Doja Cat - OKLOSER (Debut)
Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (3)
Mark Ambor - Belong Together (3)
Artemas - i like the way you kiss me (3)
Teddy Swims - Apple Juice (Debut)
OneRepublic - Nobody (3)
Kygo/Zak Abel/Nile Rodgers - For Life (Debut)

Tell Ur Girlfriend has recently been going viral on TikTok, and for good reason. It's a really fun, catchy song. I hope this does well, and I think it will, as normally the second spot on Hit-Bound is saved for upcoming hits.

Lauv released the lead single off of his upcoming album, and I enjoy it. It's got that trap-pop vibe a lot of songs have now, and it's pretty good. Excited to see what else comes off the album.

Jessie Murph is back, again, with Cold. The production sounds like the trap-pop I was just talking about. It's basically like country that has not-country production lol. It would be green if she could just have a decent voice.

twenty one pilots are back after having Overcompensate undeservingly flop, and delaying their album Clancy by a week. This one is not as good as Overcompensate but better than Next Semester. Hope this actually gets a chance.

Doja Cat recently pushed OKLOSER to radio, which is replacing MASC today. It sounds more like an actual Doja song, which is good. I definitely prefer this over MASC, and I'm hoping it gets to the countdown next week.

Teddy Swims released a deluxe version of his album I've Tried Everything But Therapy yesterday, and Hits 1 picked Apple Juice off of it. This is a fun song, and it kinda reminds me of Waffle House from last year.

Finally Kygo, Zak Abel, Nile Rodgers collab for For Life. This is just an average EDM song I could do with or without with.

Dropouts:
Doja Cat/Teezo Touchdown - MASC (3)
Mimi Webb - Mistake (2)
vaultboy - you're my moon (2)
Ava Max - My Oh My (3)
girl in red/Sabrina Carpenter - You Need Me Now? (3)
Porter Robinson - Cheerleader (4)

I hope Mistake, My Oh My, and You Need Me Now? are in the abyss, but ESPECIALLY 
You Need Me Now?.

And For a Blurbnight, There We Were:

We only lost Shakes this week. It was a good song, but it wasn't meant to last long.

Some big drops in the bottom half, including II MOST WANTED and Selfish dropping 9 spots, and ASOBH dropping 12. No idea why II MOST WANTED dropped 9 after jumping 9 last week, Selfish is getting annoying and I hope it's replaced by No Angels, and ASOBH shouldn't have dropped.

Glad to see (most of) last week's debuts jumping.

Been Like This, Too Sweet, and Austin all got jumps into the top 15/10. Happy for all of them.

Glad to see obsessed continuing to move.

Feather got replaced by Beautiful Things this week, which I'm happy about, as it deserves its time to shine.

That's all guys, see you later!



3 comments:

  1. I’m so happy that you still follow Hits 1 cuz I kinda lost following them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOOOOOOOOO HE'S BACK! Welcome back! Are you interested in my event? (sorry if that seems like a mean way to welcome you back lol)

      Delete
    2. Hello, sorry I haven’t posted anything about Hits 1 or really anything in months. I still follow, but I stopped keeping up with the countdown regularly about 6 months ago because I was losing too much sleep and didn’t wanna get up early in the morning to follow it every Saturday and I didn’t have much time to do it outside that time slot. It was unfortunate that I had to stop because I really enjoyed blogging, but life happens sometimes, I was thinking about starting up again, but now I need a new way to follow because the Hits 1 discord server became too toxic and I had to leave it, so now I have no way of following Hits 1 regularly unless I look at these blogs or get up early again on Saturday’s. I also do my own radio show every Friday on my collages radio station. I’ve been meaning to post about that lately, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I hate that I had to leave, but I’m still following so I’m not completely gone.

      Thanks.

      Trey.

      Delete