Monday, April 8, 2024

2024 May Madness!

You guys should know how this works by now but if not, here's the rundown. You submit 10 songs and 5 extras in order of how much you want to have them. Think of the extras as seeds #11-15. I will only use your extras if somebody submits one of your ten songs are submitted by someone else.

Once all the songs are submitted, I will make the bracket and you will vote for your favorite songs in each matchup. The songs will be anonymous until they lose/win, so you can't vote for your favorite person. You can vote for your own song though. Each time one of your songs survive you will get one point, except each round the amount of points you get will double (1st round = 1 point, 2nd round = 2 points, 3rd round = 4 points, etc).

Here's the initial submissions form:
https://forms.gle/9iWdMpkDTHFwoK63A

Round 1:
There will be 25 matchups in round 1, meaning half the songs will get cut! Please do not tell others what your songs are, so the voting is not rigged. All matchups were determined by a wheel. The matchups are listed below, and submit your votes here: 
https://forms.gle/UQrmyihYRtXrBv476
Here's the Spotify playlist:
https://spotify.link/JXvqdh7SfJb
Submissions will be due on Sunday, May 5th. Extensions will be given if needed.

Matchups:

Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (#2) vs. P1Harmony - Killin' It (#9)
Votes for Good Luck, Babe!: Zestpond, Hallett, JSW (3)
Votes for Killin' It: Bubby (1)
I apologize Bubby, but Killin' It is eliminated.

Henry Moodie - pick up the phone (#5) vs. Imagine Dragons - Eyes Closed (#2)
Votes for pick up the phone: Hallett, JSW (2)
Votes for Eyes Closed: Zestpond, Bubby (2)
In the event of a tie, I use a wheel to pick between the two songs. The wheel picked Eyes Closed, so I apologize JSW, but pick up the phone is eliminated.

Madison Beer - Make You Mine (#10) vs. Olivia Rodrigo - Can't Catch Me Now (#8)
Votes for Make You Mine: Zestpond, JSW (2)
Votes for Can't Catch Me Now: Hallett, Bubby (2)
In the event of a tie, I use a wheel to pick between the two songs. The wheel picked Can't Catch Me Now, so I apologize JSW, but Make You Mine is eliminated.

Troye Sivan - Got Me Started (#3) vs. Olivia Rodrigo - obsessed (#2)
Votes for Got Me Started: Zestpond (1)
Votes for obsessed: Hallett, JSW, Bubby (3)
I apologize Zestpond, but Got Me Started is eliminated.

The Beaches - Blame Brett (#10) vs. Porter Robinson - Cheerleader (#7)
Votes for Blame Brett: Bubby (1)
Votes for Cheerleader: Zestpond, Hallett, JSW (3)
I apologize Bubby, but Blame Brett is eliminated.

Meghan Trainor/T-Pain - Been Like This (#7) vs. Umi/V - wherever u r (#4)
Votes for Been Like This: Zestpond, JSW, Bubby (3)
Votes for wherever u r: Hallett (1)
I apologize Hallett, but wherever u r is eliminated.

girl in red/Sabrina Carpenter - You Need Me Now? (#3) vs. Taylor Swift - Is It Over Now? (#9)
Votes for You Need Me Now?: Everyone! (4)
I apologize Hallett, but Is It Over Now? is eliminated.

Olivia Rodrigo - vampire (#1) vs. Ella Henderson/Natasha Bedingfield/Rudimental - Alibi (The Other Girl Version) (#5)
Votes for vampire: Hallett, JSW, Bubby (3)
Votes for Alibi: Zestpond (1)
I apologize Zestpond, but Alibi (The Other Girl Version) is eliminated.

Hozier - Too Sweet (#3) vs. DJ Snake/Peso Pluma - Teka (#1)
Votes for Too Sweet: Everyone! (4)
I apologize Hippo, but Teka is eliminated
 
Artemas - i like the way you kiss me (#7) vs. Paul Russell - Eat Pray Love (#9)
Votes for i like the way you kiss me: JSW, Bubby (2)
Votes for Eat Pray Love: Zestpond, Hallett (2)
In the event of a tie, I use a wheel to pick between the two songs. The wheel picked Eat Pray Love, so I apologize Bubby, but i like the way you kiss me is eliminated. 

Nicky Youre - Part Time Lover (#8) vs. Simple Plan/Jax - Iconic (#4)
Votes for Part Time Lover: Hallett, JSW, Bubby (3)
Votes for Iconic: Zestpond (1)
I apologize Zestpond, but Iconic is eliminated.

Seven Lions & LIGHTS - Stop Thinking (#1) vs. Loud Luxury/Two Friends/Bebe Rexha - If Only I (#9)
Votes for Stop Thinking: JSW (1)
Votes for If Only I: Zestpond, Hallett, Bubby (3)
I apologize JSW, but Stop Thinking is eliminated.

Dasha - Austin (#6) vs. Mitski - My Love Mine All Mine (#5)
Votes for Austin: Zestpond, JSW, Bubby (3)
Votes for My Love Mine All Mine: Hallett (1)
I apologize Hallett, but My Love Mine All Mine is eliminated.

Lovejoy - Normal People Things (#10) vs. Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (#4)
Votes for Normal People Things: Zestpond, Hallett, JSW (3)
Votes for A Bar Song (Tipsy): Bubby (1)
A Bar Song (Tipsy) (Hippo's song) is still being eliminated, but I'm replacing Normal People Things. Now I don't wanna rig it, but I'm eliminating Normal People Things purely based on the terrible things the lead singer of Lovejoy did. When I saw it, I thought it wasn't gonna win, but it actually looks like it has a chance. I don't want a controversial band winning it. Instead of Normal People Things winning, it will be replaced by the person's #1 extra: Jack Harris - Careful What You Wish For (The Doctor Said To)

Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust (#5) vs. Bowling for Soup - Hey Mario (#8)
Votes for So Much (For) Stardust: Hallett, JSW, Bubby (3)
Votes for Hey Mario: Zestpond (1)
I apologize Zestpond, but Hey Mario is eliminated.

Lost Frequencies/David Kushner - In My Bones (#6) vs. NIIKO x SWAE/Train - Serious (#7)
Votes for In My Bones: Hallett, JSW (2)
Votes for Serious: Zestpond, Bubby (2)
In the event of a tie, I use a wheel to pick between the two songs. The wheel picked In My Bones, so I apologize Zestpond, but Serious is eliminated.

ILLENIUM & Emma Grace - Brave Soul (#6) vs. Benson Boone - Cry (#4)
Votes for Brave Soul: JSW (1)
Votes for Cry: Zestpond, Hallett, Bubby (3)
I apologize JSW, but Brave Soul is eliminated.

People R Ugly - DUMB (#5) vs. Noah Kahan - Stick Season (#10)
Votes for DUMB: Zestpond, Hallett, JSW (3)
Votes for Stick Season: Bubby (1)
I apologize Hallett, but Stick Season is eliminated.

SZA - Saturn (#2) vs. Beyoncé - TEXAS HOLD 'EM (#6)
Votes for Saturn: JSW (1)
Votes for TEXAS HOLD 'EM: Zestpond, Hallett, Bubby (3)
I apologize JSW, but Saturn is eliminated.

Gryffin/BabyIDontLikeYou - Magic (#8) vs. girl in red - Too Much (#3)
Votes for Too Much: Everybody! (4)
I apologize Hippo, but Magic is eliminated. 

Teddy Swims - Apple Juice (#7) vs. Ariana Grande - we can't be friends (wait for your love) (#2)
Votes for Apple Juice: Zestpond, Bubby (2)
Votes for we can't be friends (wait for your love): Hallett, JSW (2)
In the event of a tie, I use a wheel to pick between the two songs. The wheel picked Apple Juice, so I apologize Hallett, but we can't be friends (wait for your love) is eliminated.

Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (#8) vs. Lay/Lauv - Run Back To You (#10)
Votes for ICDIWABH: Hallett, JSW, Bubby (3)
Votes for Run Back To You: Zestpond (1)
I apologize Hippo, but Run Back To You is eliminated.

Selena Gomez - Love On (#4) vs. Teddy Swims - The Door (#6)
Votes for Love On: Hallett, JSW (2)
Votes for The Door: Zestpond, Bubby (2)
In the event of a tie, I use a wheel to pick between the two songs. The wheel picked Love On, so I apologize Bubby, but The Door is eliminated.

twenty one pilots - Overcompensate (#1) vs. Beyoncé/Miley Cyrus - II MOST WANTED (#3)
Votes for Overcompensate: Zestpond, JSW, Bubby (3)
Votes for II MOST WANTED: Hallett (1)
I apologize Hallett, but II MOST WANTED is eliminated.

David Guetta/OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (#1) vs. Galantis/David Guetta/5 Seconds Of Summer - Lighter (#9)
Votes for I Don't Wanna Wait: Everybody! (4)
I apologize Hippo, but Lighter is eliminated.

Songs Left:
Zestpond: 5
Bubby: 6
JSW: 5
Hallett: 4
Hippo: 5

Round 2:
Form: https://forms.gle/3QTJmncfnAXGGLRf9
Playlist: https://spotify.link/JXvqdh7SfJb
Submissions will be due on Friday, May 10th.

Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (#2) vs. Imagine Dragons - Eyes Closed (#2)
Votes for Good Luck, Babe!: Hallett, Daniel (2)
Votes for Eyes Closed: Zestpond, JSW, Bubby (3)
I apolgize Hippo, but Good Luck, Babe! is eliminated.

Olivia Rodrigo - Can't Catch Me Now (#8) vs. Olivia Rodrigo - obsessed (#2)
Votes for Can't Catch Me Now: Hallett (1)
Votes for obsessed: Zestpond, JSW, Bubby, Daniel (4)
I apologize Hallett, but Can't Catch Me Now is eliminated.

Porter Robinson - Cheerleader (#7) vs. Meghan Trainor/T-Pain - Been Like This (#7)
Votes for Cheerleader: Zestpond, Hallett, JSW, Daniel (4)
Votes for Been Like This: Bubby (1)
I apologize Hallett, but Been Like This has been eliminated.

girl in red/Sabrina Carpenter - You Need Me Now? (#3) vs. Olivia Rodrigo - vampire (#1)
Votes for You Need Me Now?: Zestpond, Bubby (2)
Votes for vampire: Hallett, JSW, Daniel (3)
I apologize Bubby, but You Need Me Now? is eliminated

Hozier - Too Sweet (#3) vs. Paul Russell - Eat Pray Love (#9)
Votes for Too Sweet: Hallett, JSW, Bubby, Daniel (4)
Votes for Eat Pray Love: Zestpond (1)
I apologize Zestpond, but Eat Pray Love is eliminated.

Nicky Youre - Part Time Lover (#8) vs. Loud Luxury/Two Friends/Bebe Rexha - If Only I (#9)
Votes for Part Time Lover: Hallett, Bubby, Daniel (3)
Votes for If Only I: Zestpond, JSW (2)
I apologize JSW, but If Only I is eliminated.

Dasha - Austin (#6) vs. Jack Harris - Careful What You Wish For (the doctor said to) (#10)
Votes for Austin: Everybody! (5)
I apologize Zestpond, but Careful What You Wish For (the doctor said to) is eliminated.

Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust (#5) vs. Lost Frequencies/David Kushner - In My Bones (#6)
Votes for So Much (For) Stardust: Everybody! (5)
I apologize Hippo, but In My Bones is eliminated.

Benson Boone - Cry (#4) vs. People R Ugly - DUMB (#5)
Votes for Cry: Everybody! (5)
I apologize Hippo, but DUMB is eliminated.

Beyoncé - TEXAS HOLD 'EM (#6) vs. girl in red - Too Much (#3)
Votes for TEXAS HOLD 'EM: Hallett (1)
Votes for Too Much: Zestpond, JSW, Bubby, Daniel (4)
I apologize Hallett, but TEXAS HOLD 'EM is eliminated.

Teddy Swims - Apple Juice (#7) vs. Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (#8)
Votes for Apple Juice: Zestpond (1)
Votes for I Can Do It With A Broken Heart: Hallett, JSW, Bubby, Daniel (4)
I apologize Hippo, but Apple Juice is eliminated.

Selena Gomez - Love On (#4) vs. twenty one pilots - Overcompensate (#1) vs. David Guetta/OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (#1) [DOUBLE ELIMINATION!]
Votes for Overcompensate: Bubby, Daniel (2)
Votes for I Don't Wanna Wait: Zestpond, Hallett, JSW (3)
I apologize JSW, but Love On is eliminated.
I apologize Bubby, but Overcompensate is eliminated.

Songs Left:
Zestpond: 3
Bubby: 4
Hallett: 1
JSW: 3
Hippo: 1

Round 3:
Form: https://forms.gle/qvKNVs8dadR4UYni8
Due Date: Sunday, May 19th

Imagine Dragons - Eyes Closed (#2) vs. Olivia Rodrigo - obsessed (#2)

Porter Robinson - Cheerleader (#7) vs.  Olivia Rodrigo - vampire (#1)

Hozier - Too Sweet (#3) vs. Nicky Youre - Part Time Lover (#8)

Dasha - Austin (#6) vs. Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust (#5)

Benson Boone - Cry (#4) vs. girl in red - Too Much (#3)

Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (#8) vs. David Guetta/OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (#1)


6 comments:

  1. I submitted mine. Did I do it correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extending the deadline so Hippo and anybody else can submit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And of course I'm the one who got more than half of my songs eliminated in the first round lol

    ReplyDelete